The Quiet Years is happening!

Oh, I'm excited! Today is the day I am officially launching my Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to record the Quiet Years. It's been a long time in the making. Some of these songs have been percolating since 2013, and some are new, new, new but they're all about the things I always write about: this crazy, scary, thrilling human life, and what it means to live inside it.

During my winter tour, I was overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response people had to my new material, especially to sparse songs like "Ashes & Rags" and "Gather Me In." I started thinking that maybe I had better record some of this stuff so folks could take the music away with them after the show. After all, my last album came out in 2014 and doesn't really have much to do with what I'm performing these days. So I decided to go for a Kickstarter campaign! If it gets funded then I'll have a beautiful EP of songs that I think deserve to see the light of day (I am sure of this 95% of the time. The other 5% I am convinced that I am a fraud...) and if it doesn't get funded then I'll spend August in the wading pool with Katie instead. Easy come, easy go.

As a new challenge (and also a way of keeping costs down, ha) I'll be doing the album art myself. I draw, but I really only draw little self-portraits. They've shown up in previous videos and on my Facebook, and some folks say that they're cute and funny, so let's give them a platform. Here's a sample of ideas for the album art:

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square